Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Project Begins

It seems like the same discussion happens over and over again with websites. How do you do SEO and how do you get people to your website. I've purchased many books over my career and many of them weren't really of any value. There were a few books that helped me tremendously. After many years of honing my craft I've figured out a system. As part of a project I will build a site using a system step by step to get the traffic and show how I did it. I'll explain on the way why to do certain things and why it's important. What makes my project different than the other SEO websites out there? My background gives me an advantage that most professionals don't have. I'm trained to be and Information Technology expert but I've transitioned to be a communications expert. Communications is the key to getting traffic - trust me. It's one thing to have cool tools like social media but you have to know how to communicate in a manner to get other people to use the tools on your behalf. I'm going to show you - stay tuned...

So, here are a couple of my tools. You don't have to use these tools but these are what I call my secret weapons. I'm going to use a Macbook, iPad, and Windows 2003 server. These are what I use to keep me on track. The server is used to keep my data safe that I'm writing. Content is the key and it must be worth while for your audience. The iPad is used so I can blog anywhere at anytime over the AT&T 3G wireless. When I have a thought I don't have to wait until I get home I can instantly communicate with my audience. The Macbook is my main tool - the device that is the window into my reality. I'm using Microsoft Word to type my thoughts and get them out. I'm not typing out HTML but working on a strategy. How to get from step A to step Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment