Friday, August 13, 2010

Don't worry about a fancy site with bells and whistles

I'm on a budget and as you can see www.jhasmal.com is nothing fancy. I chose to keep it like that because most people won't be able to have a high quality site once they begin. I want to focus on the value of the content on the page. I'll go back and make it look pretty once I can justify the extra cost. I have about $20 invested in this site so far and have made about $3 in return.

Don't get caught up with hiring a graphic designer and having a $1,000 website. Right now your focus should be how do you generate the outcome that you want. If you are selling a product how do you get your niche market to come to your site and purchase your product. The answer is building a relationship with your customer prior to them coming to your site. If the customer trusts you they will already have their mind made up that they want to purchase before they get to your site. You don't believe me? Think about how many times you purchased something on the web or in a store. You already know what you want before you get there - you are just trying to get it for the right price.

I sent out a link to a couple of selected individuals. Some found nothing while others found typos. I did this to help me get some feedback. I needed them to recognize the issues that I couldn't see so I could have a chance to fix them before everyone else had a chance to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment